SEO performance improvements from last time
In the post here, I gave a brief intro to what I’ve been doing to try and improve SEO and my search engine position. Also know as SERP – or Search Engine Results Page analysis. Well I’m delighted to report I’m now in the top 4 on Google for ‘Web design basildon’.
SEO strategy to achieve 4th place
I have been using the following strategy to improve my search engine rankings, additional to what is discussed in the post above.
- Maximise the traffic receiving for popular blog content. I’ve reviewed some of the content that was being searched for and noticed whilst it was generating traffic, it had a very high bounce rate. So I have significantly upgraded the content and look & feel for these pages, and hope this has had an impact. I also put adverts back to the Digital Technology Labs home page.
- Increase traffic from social. I’ve spend a lot of effort increasing the number of followers for @digitaltechlabs from 268 to now (hot off the press) 501 followers. Which I think has increased the number of people going to the Digital Technology Labs website via my Twitter profile
- Ran a competition, to attack people to find me on search and then click. See the article from last time
- Engaged with social media marketing influencers on Twitter – I have been able to share, like, and get a few responses for some key influencers in my social network. These posted got shared to their feed, and so generated me more impressions for my Twitter account
- Continued to auto tweet at least once a day.
- Tagged content on social media with #webdesign #basildon
FYI I’m tracking SERP position on different keywords using http://www.semrush.com.
Conclusion on SEO
I’m now trying to figure out what I can do to go from 4th on the list to 1st.