How to build a business website for free – I’m going to cover a few methods that can be followed for creating a website for free, and then talk a bit about the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
Approach 1 – The business page route
There are many platforms out there, and business listing websites, that you can sign up for free, and they will give you a page with a unique URL in which you can share details of your business.
1. LinkedIn e.g. https://www.linkedin.com/company/digitaltechlabs/ – you can get a unique friendly URL and publish insightful content, and build an audience on that platform
2. Facebook – quite similar to LinkedIn – you can also build a community – boost your posts and create groups and events.
3. Google Local business – you can manage your business page on the local business directory on Google – but you can also publish a simple website for your business!
Approach 2 – The free WIX route
The Wix website platform has a wealth of templates that you can use, and get your website up and running. The premium / paid templates are better, however.
In addition, the free version of Wix means you will have a domain that is a subdomain of Wix e.g. something like digitaltechlabs.wix.com – this has disadvantages of not appearing legitimate and trustworthy, and also negatively impacts SEO (Search Engine Optimisation – your performance in search engines e.g. Google).
Furthermore, it will also clearly have a Wix stamp on the website to show it is a free website built in Wix. The advantages are that you can do this all for free.
Approach 3 – The free AWS (Amazon Web Services route)
Other approaches to building a website for free
Those are our favourite approaches – but there are likely many more out there, a quick Google gives a wealth of results! It is the above three approaches that we’d recommend here at Digital Technology Labs.
In conclusion and next steps or your free website
So that’s a few ways you can build a website for free (in terms of low external expenditure). There’s still no getting away from the fact building a website does consume your time. How precious or valuable is your time?
- For more information about the whole website design process check out our video on demystifying web design.
- And don’t forget to sign up for more tech tips with the Bits and Bytes email.
- And remember we also offer a free 1-hour, no-obligation consultation so get in contact with us here.